le refuge du heron
Quebec - Eastern Township / estrie
Description of the Chalet
Behind the mist of swirling waters
A mountainous horizon
Like a mirage
We escape to it for some downtime. Its inside, charmingly simple, calls on those who seek to soothe their souls. The quietude, reaching beyond its walls, is at its finest while enjoying the lake and mountain view from the spa. A green space allows family fun; campfires, games, relaxation.
A quiet getaway, but close to all services and a slew of activities. A few minutes’ walk to the picturesque village of Piopolis, a 15-minute drive from downtown Lac-Mégantic.
Inside, you will find all the amenities to comfortably accommodate up to 10 people:
- Slow combustion stove in the living room
- Four closed bedrooms (3 queen beds and a single / double bunk bed)
- A sofa bed (two places)
- Two bathrooms
- A living room with lake view
- Dining room including all amenities
- Television with cable and wifi
- Winter and summer, the National Park of Mont-Mégantic, the Z.E.C. of Mont Gosford and all the activities they offer are within ± 20 km from the cottage.
- Enjoy torchlight snowshoe hikes in National Park of Mont-Mégantic, and cross-country ski trails. You can skate directly in front of the cottage and access by snowmobile if the weather is right!
- In addition, the Baie-des-Sables tourist resort in Lac-Megantic offers a variety of activities for the family (boat rental, ski center, tube sliding).
Finally, the chalet gives you the privacy and calm of a stay in nature but close to all the services offered by the town of Lac-Megantic.
crockery and cutlery
12 cup coffee maker (flat filter)
wireless internet access
2 x Kids & 2 x adults